Since my mom and I are a little late for christmas (as always), I want to share with you our super easy, super delicious and healthy recipe for christmas cookies. The cookies are done in 10 easy steps, I promise!
We saw the recipe on Veronika’s blog called carrotsforclaire, but as the recipe is in German, I would like to present it to you in an English version. Thanks Veronika, the recipe is awesome and perfect for a lousy baker like me :-).
So let’s get started:
100 g pitted dates
60 ml water
2 tbsp maple syrup
50 g grated almonds or other nuts
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp grated bourbon vanilla
50 g native coconut oil
- Chop the dates and soak in water mixed with maple syrup for 30 minutes. At the same time you can put the coconut oil in a glass or small bowl on the heater and allow to melt gently.
- Puree the dates in the liquid or crush them with a fork.
- Mix the flour, almonds, baking powder, and vanilla.
- Add the melted coconut oil and the dates puree.
- Mix all ingredients with a fork and then knead by hand.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees circulating air.
- Roll out the cookie dough, do not cut out the cookies too thick and place them all on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes or until they lightly color.
- Let them cool off and then decorate if you want to.
- Enjoy :-).